Since its inception in 2007, International Sanctuary has served hundreds of young women around the world. With a goal of 10 sanctuaries globally by 2020, International Sanctuary is bringing its innovative and all-encompassing aftercare program to as many survivors as possible.
We invite you to come celebrate the many achievements of the past year and to engage in the next steps being taken in the pursuit of freedom for every woman and girl caught in trafficking. You are vital in bringing hope, dignity and transformation to the world's most vulnerable.
- Enjoy an evening of powerful stories and impactful presentations as we celebrate an Evening to Empower Survivors of Human Trafficking.
- Hear from experts on human trafficking in Orange County and uplifting recounts of empowerment and transformation.
- Treat yourself to a complimentary martini bar provided by Ketel One Vodka, a dinner buffet, and dessert bar.
- Browse the unique array of high-end items at the Silent Auction.
The Cause: Human Trafficking
With over 45 million people estimated to be held by force, fraud or coercion, the recovery effort is vital. 70% of those trapped in human trafficking are girls and young women. The world is not prepared to handle the aftercare of victims escaping trafficking. Girls are rescued and placed in a shelter, but then what? It is not enough to merely remove people from trafficking - these survivors need a safe, healing place to recover, grow and thrive.
In Our Own Backyard
- California is the top state for Human Trafficking, 1200% higher than the next state, Nevada.
- 28% of trafficking in California takes place in Orange County.
- Sex trafficking victims are sold for twice the amount in Orange County as in San Diego and Los Angeles.
- 55% of trafficking victims who are rescued are minors.